Why am I doing this?
Anthropology; the study of humans within past and present societies.
Learning about other people has always enamored me. I'm a sucker for a great biographic documentary or a film recreation of some major event in history. There are so many amazing people before us who have paved a road to push us all to do better.
But today we find our selves in the era of "selfies". As a millennial I feel we are so focused on making sure we get into a good school, have the latest phone, or get the perfect job. Non of which is bad but it's a lot of me, me, me.
I wanted to dedicate my time to remind us all of how we got inspired in the first place. Was it a film made by your favorite director that spoke to you so sweet? Was it your high school creative writing teacher who inspired you to become an author? Was it your brave aunt who fought cancer that made you become a nurse?
As much as we work so hard to make ourselves better, sometimes it's another person who gives us that drive.
Anthropology; the study of humans within past and present societies.
Learning about other people has always enamored me. I'm a sucker for a great biographic documentary or a film recreation of some major event in history. There are so many amazing people before us who have paved a road to push us all to do better.
But today we find our selves in the era of "selfies". As a millennial I feel we are so focused on making sure we get into a good school, have the latest phone, or get the perfect job. Non of which is bad but it's a lot of me, me, me.
I wanted to dedicate my time to remind us all of how we got inspired in the first place. Was it a film made by your favorite director that spoke to you so sweet? Was it your high school creative writing teacher who inspired you to become an author? Was it your brave aunt who fought cancer that made you become a nurse?
As much as we work so hard to make ourselves better, sometimes it's another person who gives us that drive.

Comments
Post a Comment